"Experience SBI" Newsletter Archives
The Sound Builders "Experience SBI" newsletter contains tips and news for homeowners, from home improvement suggestions, to example remodeling projects, to household gadget ideas and more. Take a look at some of our recent editions, then use the form at the right to subscribe!
- April – "Extending Exteriors": Remember that a home's exterior finish is literally its face to the world. "Pitching In": Kennedy Catholic High School brought Broadway to Burien with their production of Guys and Dolls. "Remodeling Success 101": Should I request a low-VOC exterior paint?
- March – "Is Geothermal in Your Future? ": Remodeling is the ultimate in "sustainable" housing. "Spring Forward": There is a long history about how DST came about. "Remodeling Success 101": How deep are the pipes of a ground-source heat pump?
- February – "Solid Ideas for Controlling Concrete": The common belief is that once concrete is set as a foundation slab, patio, driveway, or path, it's there to stay. "Get Stamped": Concrete is often thought of as gray and boring. It doesn't have to be that way! "Remodeling Success 101": What is "slump"?
- January – "Foundations of Quality": A home's foundation is simply the most important part of its construction and overall performance. "It's Here": It is a new year and time to unveil our new website. "Remodeling Success 101": How do you strengthen an existing foundation for an addition?
- December – "The Roof Over Your Head": A roof is a primary factor in any home's curb appeal. But more important, it serves a critical role in maintaining or improving energy efficiency. "Merry Christmas": Christmas wishes from Sound Builders. "Remodeling Success 101": How much is a "square" of roofing?
- November – "Bringing Windows to Light": A variety of window materials and how your choice impacts your budget and your house. "It's the Journey": Thanksgiving wishes from Sound Builders. "Remodeling Success 101": What are replacement windows?
- October – "Extending Exterior": Choosing and caring for your home's exterior finish. "Keep Safe": Tips on protecting yourself and your family from carbon monoxide in your home. "Remodeling Success 101": Should you use a low-VOC exterior paint?
- September – "Cashing in on Energy Efficiency": Remodeling to lower your utility bills. "Back to School": Have a fun and successful school year. "Remodeling Success 101": What's the 'green' benefit of remodeling instead of building new?
- August – "The Choice is Yours": Balancing the costs of remodeling with your dreams. "Water Safety": Stay safe at the lake and the pool. "Remodeling Success 101": What is an 'allowance'?
- July – "Preparing for an Addition: Prep Your Neighbors": How to make a large remodeling project less intrusive for the neighbors. "God Bless America": Happy Independence Day! "Remodeling Success 101": How does a downdraft cook top work?
- June – "Know Your Stress Points: Preparing for an Addition": Minimize stress by keeping the lines of communication open, especially at these key points in the project. "Congratulations, Bailee!" We're proud of our newest graduate. "Remodeling Success 101": What is a 'C of O'?